Deleted the post due to politics.
I do not like politics. :/
The Universe is inside us.
Goosebumps all over my body
MY BRAIN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PROCESS THIS INTENSE EPIC REVELATION
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! :’] How great is our God?
Funny thing that I would pick this topic to write about. This morning, I was actually thinking about writing about sin and how it’s like quicksand, but a friend’s facebook status made me realize while we focus on sin and trying to “avoid it”, there’s one thing we really don’t avoid and, for the most part, we actually easily fall pray to.
I believe that a lot of us avoid the bigger forms of self-righteousness, but just like “lying” or “small jealousy”, the smaller forms of this sin tend to not only be ignored, but at times, they are treated as if they aren’t offensive to God at all…and trust me, they ARE.
Here’s a look at the “most misused verses” Eric writes about in his book:
- “Judge Not” - Matthew 7:1
- “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you” - Jeremiah 29:11-13
- “Where two or three are gathered” - Matthew 18:20
- “Ask for anything in My name” - John 14:13-14
- “All things work together for good” - Romans 8:28
- “If My people who are called by My name” - 2 Chronicles 7:14
- “Jesus as the firstborn of all creation” - Colossians 1:15
- “Money is the root of all evil” - 1 Timothy 6:10
- “No more than you can handle” - 1 Corinthians 10:13
- “Train up a child” - Proverbs 22:6
- “I can do all things through Christ” - Philippians 4:13
- “An eye for an eye” - Exodus 21:23-25
- “Prayer offered in faith” - James 5:15
- “Repent and be baptized” - Acts 2:38
- “Guard your heart” - Proverbs 4:23
- “Where there is no vision” - Proverbs 29:18
- “Lifting up the name of Jesus” - John 12:32
I can’t count all the times I’ve heard these be used out of context. SMH.
“You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”
I’ve been seeing this verse EVERYWHERE. Apaprently, God is trying to tell me something.
|—||Matt Chandler (via abideinhislove)|
Matt Chandler at the Code Orange Revival - God Is For God
“The misconception is ultimately that God is all about us and He’s about me and the whole thing exists because of me, so God was lonely in the beginning. So what He did is He created me for fellowship, because who wouldn’t want to create a bunch of incompetent, non-loving, adulterous, idolatrous, disobedient children to call their own? And nobody’s going to say it that way but that’s what we’re saying.”